Friday, August 6, 2010

Fifth Day - Tom Fraser

Hello all!

So today was slightly different than initially planned,  but it worked out quite well in the end. Our 6am pour time turned into framing for the next pour and moving a swingset, but that was the last concrete work we did for the day due to other ongoing projects around the mission. We then grabbed breakfast and worked on the ground around the play area, clearing dhrubs, weeding, and grading the earth. After it got so hot we couldn't really do much more, we went into the chapel to do some activities with the kids, and Kristen and I led them in a rousing rendition of the P-A-R-T-Y song (thank you Camp Adventure!) Then some drawing, paper airplane lessons, and a whole ton of temporary tattoos (thank you CoD).

Lunch was followed by the hottest nap I've ever taken on the floor of our room and then some jumprope, frisbee and a game of soccer, or football, depending on where you are from. I decided to play barefoot as about half the kids do everything in bare feet, and it was interesting to say the least. No major injuries though, especially for those of you that know me well. No blood even. I should step up I guess. Dinner was some of the greatest lasagna I've ever had, and some more delicious rice and avacado, amongst other things. Didn't shoot much today as I was in the heat of the action most of the time, but here's a decent sampling. Can't believe we only have 1 more workday left. Time flies when you're busting @ss, I suppose.

Peace.

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment