Monday, August 2, 2010

MOM! I MADE IT!

Hi mom and everyone!

I CANNOT believe I'm here right now.  It's surreal.  I have a million thoughts running through my head, no arm space to write anything down in the cramped van we rode 3 1/2 hours from Port au Prince to La Croix in, and to tell the truth, not enough time to digest any of those thoughts to put towards something that would make sense.  It's incredible.  Thats all I can say.  And that we are safe, and being treated like kings... which kind of makes me feel like dirt. I'm undeserving. Alright! Until next time....

Kristen O.

2 comments:

  1. i know this message was for your momma, but shells, chris and maggs are glad you made it safely!!! have a great trip, kristen -- you are doing wonderful things over there! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't be so down. you were born into your life just the same as every Haitian was born into theirs. Original sin and ethnic origin are devoid from choice. We all must suffer and rejoice in the actions of our fathers; unfortunately some must suffer more than others. Your guilt is an illusion of compassion; compassion that comes from recognizing that Haitians must suffer more greatly.

    ReplyDelete