Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MVP - The Purchase

Today we did some serious shopping in Gonaives. First we looked at containers. The guys we were working with "tenatively" have 4 reserved for us as of right now, and the mission is ready to purchase them as soon as the bargaining goes through. (thats great news!) Next we went to buy some needed supplies for the concrete work on the basketball court, swingset, and soccer field. We purchased 4 shovels and a hoe head from the hardware store. (the hoe head served as a personal comfort for jason as he walked though the market) Next we made our way to a store with a hole in the back wall were old tools were stored. Here we found wobbley rake. Next we made our way through the market to find some empty 5 gallon buckets for concrete. We finally found a stand, but they did not take US dollars so we had to exchange money on the street (sketchy kinda). Once we got that out of the way though, I was set with about $500 goods** which I had no idea what kind of value it held. The buckets were about 30 goods and we stopped on the way back to buy water for everyone ($120 goods) so now I'm sitting at rougly $350 goods and still not a whole lot of an idea about how much their worth.
Hi Hope, miss you and my family.
Until next time....
Mike VP

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I finally got on! Sorry it took me so long. But just got back from the Lady A concert and it was SO good! I def fit in w/ my hat. :) The girl singer, Hillary, even had on the same colored shirt as me, neon yellow! Another reason you should learn to like their music! I'll check it tomorrow! Miss you!!

    Hope

    ReplyDelete